The room above was transformed in half a day, including a full shop for all decor and an overhawl on the styling. It was shot for Interior Design Magazine in a piece showcasing Parts And Assembly who designed the beautiful mirror shown. We gave the space two decorative options in their artful style. Photos by Ana Eiriksson.
Home Refresh | reorganize + renew your home, a room, office or store
Home refresh consultations are the perfect solution to an ever-evolving space. If you love your decor but don’t feel it lives up to its fullest potential, Kim Colwell can breathe new life and energy into your space no matter how challenging. Able to work in any style, Kim helps you express your individuality by styling a space that has your personal stamp on it. Our home refresh service makes a big impact in timely and affordable ways – from showstopping art walls and dramatic wallpaper effects to stylized shelving, occasional tables, throws, rugs and pillows. We’ll start with all the great pieces you already own or bring in new investment pieces to add to your collection. Either way, it’s a transformative effect.
What To Expect
In your consultation, we’ll talk meaningfully about your aesthetic, needs and lifestyle goals. You’ll receive a wealth of creative and practical solutions to refresh your space, solve design dilemmas and create the “feel-good” ambiance you’ve always wanted. You may choose to address one specific area of concern or reinvent your entire space without incurring the effort, stress or expense of a full service design project.
What You Get
You may wish to cover one or all of the ideas below in our home refresh consultation:
- Move the furniture around into a more welcoming layout
- Decorate with your existing items to create more beautiful tabletop vignettes
- Create a show-stopping art wall or rehang your art for an instant facelift
- Color and/or decorative painting ideas for your walls
- A “big idea” such as opening up a wall, adding a new wallpaper or a dynamic architectural feature
- Review scale, color and style notes for any new furniture updates
- Advisement on a new reflected ceiling plan or ambient lighting ideas
- Shopping together to find a few new items that will make your existing space more stylish
- Revitalize a piece of furniture
- Update window treatments, upholstery or wall color
- Design solutions for a specific area of concern
- A second eye on your finishing selections for a remodel
- Tips for opening up a small space
We can handle all the details of a home refresh or give you the solutions and support to do the sourcing, shopping and styling yourself. Contact us to get started!
This nook was refreshed in just a couple of hours using almost
everything the client previously owned. Photo by Ana Eiriksson
What We Need | how to get started
Book a consultation. We'll review your needs, answer questions and jump right into your space. Consultations are $250 / hour with a 1.5 hour minimum ($375 minimum).
Where We Work
Kim is based in Los Angeles and currently conducting onsite visits in the greater SoCal area. Virtual consultations are available by Zoom and becoming increasingly popular for our growing global clientele. Request to travel is available pending location with additional hourly rate.
Kim's rate is $250 / hour with a 1.5 hour minimum ideal for quick fixes or suggestions. Medium to large projects typically take 10-30 hours depending on size of area and scope of work.
Click here for reviews from our clients.
The project above showcases a “scooter garage” custom built to double as a banquette. This once cluttered foyer is now a fresh, inviting environment that’s easy to keep organized. The doors open from the bottom up with no base to allow the scooters to roll in easily. Photo by Jay Lawrence Goldman.
Dramatic Results | case studies
Click on the gallery below to review our case studies and see how our signature process works.